Thursday, July 30, 2009

Viral Video: "Words Are Just Words" - Frank Zappa On Crossfire

This is an old favorite of mine. It's Frank Zappa's appearance on Crossfire in 1986 while Congress had the Parent Music Resource Center's infamous "Tipper Sticker" hearings.



In addition, here's a few of my favorite Frank Zappa quotes that I found in the process of finding the video:

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."

"Don't mind your make-up, you'd better make your mind up."

"Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?"

"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass."

"Hey, you know something people? I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of times I wish I could say I'm not white."

"Politics is the entertainment branch of industry."

Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
Frank Zappa: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

"Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible."

"There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something, we'd all love one another."